As a credit union member, you qualify for discounts on legal services from Kern County's top law firms.
Amusement Park Discounts
Hard tickets can be purchased at either of our branches for Six Flags Magic Mountain or Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. Sea World, Legoland California, Knott's Berry Farm or Knott's Scary Farm tickets can only be purchased online.
Kern Federal Credit Union occasionally hosts free document shredding events as a member benefit. Members, and the general public, are invited to bring up to four regular size bankers boxes, of personal documents to be shredded. A high volume, commercial, cross-cut shredder is provided by Metro Shredding. Shred days are held from 2:00PM-4:00PM in the parking lot of our Riverlakes Branch at 4180 Coffee Road. See below for our current schedule of shred days for 2018:
Friday, February 23, 2018
Saturday, April 21, 2018 - This will be part of a special Earth Day event. More details coming soon.
Friday, May 11, 2018
Friday, June 29, 2018
Friday, August 3, 2018
Friday, October 5, 2018
Friday, November 30, 2018
Earth Day Extravaganza!
Join us in championing a cleaner, greener and more beautiful Bakersfield at Kern Federal Credit Union's Earth Day Extravaganza and Community Recycling Event on Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The celebration will take place at our Riverlakes Branch at 4180 Coffee Road and features music, free Earth Day gardening crafts for the first 100 kids, sustainable efforts vendors, great giveaways and more! The Pita Paradise food truck will be on site if you get hungry after all your shredding and recycling are done!
Take advantage of free and secure document shredding (limit 3 reg. banker boxes per person) by Metro Record Storage and Shredding, Bring your recycling to: Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, SOS Recycling, Kern County Waste Management and Alianza and visit some of our other vendors including Blue Sky Partners that offer information about sustainable living, clean air, living green and more! North Bakersfield Toyota will also be on site showcasing some fuel efficient vehicles.
Kern Federal Credit Union
- Unveiling of our new member benefit ChargePoint vehicle charge station
- Special loan offer for EV and PHEV vehicles financed at KFCU
- Gardening activity- First 100 children will receive a free potting plant to take home
Blue Sky Partners is a consortium of local non-profits and government agencies working together to clean our air
- State, Federal, and Local tax credits and incentives for electric vehicles
- Local transportation resources
- Green living ideas
- Other tax credits and incentives for homeowners
County of Kern Waste Management - bulky waste options
- Residential hazardous waste options
- Information only, no items accepted at this event
- Special Waste Facility nearby at 4951 Standard St. will be open during this event
North Bakersfield Toyota
- 2018 Toyota Prius Prime for display (No test drives or sales at this event)
- Plug in electric / gas hybrid vehicle offering up to 133 combined MPG and up to $8,000 in combined tax credits and incentives
Golden Empire Habitat for Humanity
- Windows & doors
- Electrical fixtures, lights and fans
- Tubs, toilets, sinks, vanities and faucets
- Kitchen cabinets, countertops, tile, & grout
- Working appliances
- Other home improvement goods & building materials
Goodwill Industries of Southern California
- Gently used clothing, furniture, and home goods
- Working appliances
ALIANZA Recycling and Recovery
- eWaste – computer monitors and towers, computer mice, TV's, cell phones, telephones and radios
- No alkaline batteries
Personal document shredding, up to three bankers boxes or one large trash bag
Aluminum, plastic, paper, cardboard, & glass
Have questions? Please call us at 661-327-9461