Tap into the equity you've built up over the years as collateral to secure a loan. Use a home equity loan on anything: home improvements, medical expenses, and more.
Also called a "second mortgage," a home equity loan is a smart option for financing home improvements, education, or any other big expenses.
We offer low rates to members and various terms to fit your budget. And since we process loans in-house, you can expect quick decisions and personal service.
- Use your home's equity as collateral for a loan
- Get up to 80% LTV financing for most purposes
- Get up to 80% LTV financing for qualified home improvements, including:
- New roof
- Backyard landscaping, pool, patio, or outdoor kitchen
- Kitchen and bathroom remodeling
- Room additions & conversions
- Competitive rates and various terms
- Standard closing costs, including appraisal and title, are paid for by Kern FCU**
- No prepayment penalty
- In-house servicing for efficiency and speed
- Personalized, friendly service from start to closing
*Amount over fair market value may not be tax deductible, consult your tax advisor.
**If account is paid in full and closed within 12 months of loan origination, Kern Federal Credit Union will collect these costs