Visa Platinum Card
Enjoy 12 months of 0% interest on all new Visa credit card purchases or balance transfers made between December 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016. No annual fee. No need to register, just swipe, transfer and save!*
More than just a status symbol, your Visa® credit card affords the flexibility to pay for what you need, when you need it.
Choose from a variety of options, including our Visa Platinum® card. Enroll in our Visa's Rewards program and earn points to spend on travel, merchandise, and more.
- Low rates
- Generous grace periods
- Different cards for different benefits
- Visa Platinum
- Visa Platinum with Rewards
- Visa Secured
- Easy online account management
- Protect online purchases with Verified with Visa®
- Easily replaced if lost or stolen
- Accepted worldwide
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. 0% promotional rate begins at the posting of your first qualifying transaction (new purchase or balance transfer) and will be in effect for 12 billing cycles thereafter. Your rate will return to your normal merchandise or balance transfer rate as disclosed in your account opening disclosure or most recent change in terms notice on the first billing cycle after the 12 month promotional rate. Regular rates are 7.25% to 18% APR depending upon your credit qualifications. The regular rates are variable based on WSJ Prime rate at 3.25% as of 11/1/2015. Qualifying transactions are new purchases or balance transfers posted to your account during the promotion period. Balance transfer fee is either $5 or 1.5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. Annual fee: none. The promotion period is 12/1/15 to 3/31/16 and all qualifying transactions must be posted to the account by 4/11/16. New credit card applications are subject to credit approval. Kern Federal Credit Union membership is required. Existing KFCU balances are not eligible for the balance transfer rate. Federally insured by NCUA.
- Security Tips
Kern FCU Credit Card and Debit Card Security Tips
- Always keep your credit or debit card in a safe and secure place. Treat it as you would cash or checks. Contact Kern Federal Credit Union immediately at 1-800-336-KERN (1-800-336-5376) if your card is lost or stolen, or if you suspect unauthorized use.
- Do not send your card number through email, as it is not secure.
- Do not give out your card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Review account statements carefully. Ask about suspicious charges.
- Cancel and cut up unused credit and other cards.
- If you receive a replacement card, destroy your old card.
- When selecting a Personal Identification Number (PIN) don't use any number or word that appears in your wallet (such as name, birth date, or phone number).
- Ensure no one sees your PIN when you enter it.
- Memorize your PIN. Don't write it down anywhere, especially on your card, and never share it with anyone.
- Shop with merchants you know and trust.
- Make sure any internet purchase activity you engage in is secured with encryption to protect your account information. Look for "secure transaction" symbols like a lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser window, or "https://…" in the address bar of the website. The "s" indicates "secured" and means the web page uses encryption.
- Always log off from any website after a purchase transaction made with your credit or debit card. If you cannot log off, shut down your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
- Safe-keep or securely dispose of your transaction receipts.
When using your Kern FCU card at an ATM:
- Be aware of your surroundings when withdrawing funds.
- Watch for suspicious persons or activity around the ATM. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, come back later or use an ATM elsewhere. If you observe suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the ATM at that time. If you are in the middle of a transaction, cancel the transaction, take your card and leave the area, and come back at another time or use an ATM at another location.
- Report all crimes immediately to the operator of the ATM or local law enforcement.
- Consider having someone accompany you when using an ATM after dark.
- Never allow a stranger to assist you with using an ATM.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep your car doors locked and your engine running.
- Ensure no one sees your PIN when you enter it.
- Refrain from displaying cash, and put it away as soon as your transaction is completed. Wait to count your cash until you're in the safety of a locked enclosure, such as a car or home.
- Take your receipts with you so potential criminals will not know how much you withdrew or how much money is in your account.
- After completing your transaction, remember to remove your card, cash and any printed documents such as receipts or statements.
- Safe-keep or securely dispose of your ATM receipts.
If you ever have a question, concern or comment, never hesitate to contact us.